- Omrania & Assosciates
- Gerber Architekten
- Zaha Hadid Architects from UK
- Snohetta from Norway
- Line 1 and 2 : BACS Consortium (CCC, Al Mabani General Contractors, Bechtel, Siemens)
- Line 3 : ANM Consortium: Salini-Impregilo, Larsen & Toubro, Nesma, Larsen & Toubro, IDOM, Hitachi and Bombardier
- Line 4,5,6 : FAST Consortium (Freyssinet, FCC, SUMSUNG)
- Line 1,2,3 : RMTC (PARSONS, Egis, Systra), Worley
- Line 4,5,6 : RAMPED (Louis Berger/ Hill International JV, TYPSA, STRUCKTON, SETEC,ATKINS, ALSTOM)
- Metal Framing
- Plasterboard & Fiber Cement Board
- Acoustical & Specialty Ceilings
Infrastructure projects are a real challenge for all construction companies, since errors are not possible, and delivering on time and according to the conditions and budget agreed upon is crucial.
USG ME accepted the challenge, accepted the mission of developing 6 metro lines to form the Riyadh Metro, spanning a total length of 176 KM, with a 26$ Billion as the project budget.
Which innovative products were used, then?
USG ME supplied the project with the full drywall system for walls and acoustical ceilings
since we are the only company in Saudi Arabia providing such a system for buildings.
Our walls and ceilings provide many advantages for the project, some of which are sound absorption and noise reduction, combustion and moisture resistance, as well as its durability and protected in case of high pedestrian traffic.
We’ve also provided metal framing for shaftwall
, made of steel and plasterboard, to protect the shafts against weather changes, crowds, and emergencies such as fires.
Finally, we’ve used Fiberock® Panels
, which are durable boards made out of 95% recycled materials, making it an economical alternative to cement block and plaster. Ideal for interior walls in high-traffic areas such as metro lines, as well as being resistant to moisture, combustion, and denting.
What caused the project to stand out?
- Our team was keen from the very first moment to understand the needs and challenges of the project, and cooperated with the developers and supervisors positively.
- Our products were quicker and easier to install, and economical thus staying within the budget.
- Our technical team was outstanding in the stages of production, installation, and follow-up to the final finishing.
- The range of our production lines and our local distribution offices facilitated and accelerated supplying the products and bringing them to the project site.
- All of this helped us deliver the project on schedule even though we were working through the wet season.